(expertise in cell biology and/or biochemistry and/or immunology and/or computational sciences)
University of Tours (France)
Deadline: July 5th, 2022
Appointment Start: As soon as possible
Application file: to be downloaded here
The University of Tours and the MAbImprove Laboratoire d’Excellence (LabEx) are proud to launch a call for proposals to hire a group leader in the field of Antibody bioproduction in order to strengthen the links between the LabEx MAbImprove and the Biocube Institute. We are seeking a motivated scientist with a good-track record and postdoctoral experience(s).
To help the candidate building up his/her team, MAbImprove will provide a 500 k€ Starting Grant (up to the end of 2024). This package includes Personal costs (minimum 80%) and running costs (maximum 20%). This Starting Grant will try to satisfy as best as possible the needs of the scientific project.
The recruited scientist will have to develop a research dedicated to antibody bioproduction within the LabEx. Any step to improve the bioproduction process of antibody/antibody-related product, from the production itself to antibody formulation strategy to enhance stability can be envisioned:
- Scientific projects focusing on the manipulation of the cell factory (CHO cells, yeasts, etc.) to produce antibody and related products. For instance, it may be projects addressing emerging scientific and technological issues related to the modification of the biosynthesis equipment of the factory cell (glycosidases and glycosyltransferases, molecular chaperones, peptidases and proteases, etc.).
- Scientific projects related to analytical developments to better control the quantity and quality of antibody along bioproduction, or projects related to innovations in purification or formulation depending on their formats or route of administration, etc.
- Scientific projects in computational sciences (artificial intelligence, deep learning, etc.) applied to antibody production, stability/formulation, etc.
- Ph.D. in biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or computer sciences applied to biology, with at least 2 years post-doctoral experience. For medical doctors and doctors in pharmacy, a MD/PharmD diploma will not be accepted by itself as equivalent to a PhD award.
- Experience in academic research and/or in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience and capabilities in managing, developing, and mentoring junior scientists and research associates.
- Evidence of independent scientific ability and a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications, patents, and presentations
- Creativity and the ability to lead, work and debate constructively within an interdisciplinary environment to achieve technical success and corporate milestones
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
We are looking for a motivated, talented scientist of any nationality, from public or private sector, who would be interested in moving to Tours, in Centre Val de Loire, France, to give a new trajectory to his/her career.
The University of Tours is a multidisciplinary institution of higher education and research deeply involved in the field of biopharmaceuticals and therapeutic antibodies. It coordinates the MAbImprove LabEx, a Tours and Montpellier two-site programme funded since 2011, and the Biocube Institute, a miniature bioproduction factory erected in 2015, which is a life-size training site and shared bioproduction platform for academic and industrial researchers. The University is capitalising on a dynamic environment (LabEx MAbImprove, ARD CVL Biopharmaceuticals, Biocube Institute, Health Tech Station, etc.) to promote a Biopharmaceuticals-dedicated Smart Specialisation Strategy in Centre Val de Loire and to develop economy through innovation in public research.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org